The outdoor power sports industry is an exciting one to be in. Whether they’re being used for recreational, agricultural or commercial applications, these vehicles are built to perform. Having a reliable point of sales system to back up your team members will make sure the quality of customer service matches that of the product.
This is an industry where owners reply on repeat business and a high level of after-sales service. A retail POS system is meant to make the process as quick and convenient for the client as possible. A lot of this hinges on the ability of POS software to track inventory, parts and service orders.
Here are a few areas where a fully integrated system can help managers and owners stay on top of their business, no matter which type of outdoor power sports equipment they supply:
- Road bikes
- Dirt bikes
Upon making a sale, whether it’s for a replacement part or a brand new Prowler XT 1000 side-by-side, your first step towards gaining a loyal customer is to create an account for them—including name and contact information—in your point of sales system. This has many benefits and is a valuable tool in your customer relationship management for a number of reasons:
- Customer is easily searchable in system
- Look up sales and service history
- Gives the customer a sense of belonging
- Opportunities to include client in email lists for ongoing marketing campaigns
Managing your service department can be a tricky affair, especially if you’re doing it manually. A point of sales system handles service orders with ease by tracking their status and removing guesswork.
It also gives management the ability to gain feedback on labour efficiencies, so they can compare estimated service times with actual service times. For more in-depth analysis, a particular service item can include:
- Name of the technician working on it
- Number of hours performed and charged
- Additional comments specific to the repair or maintenance
- Sub categories detailing nature of repair work (oil change, tire repair, mechanical)
- Service status (urgent, waiting for parts, completed etc.)
Retail POS software can also be used to set reminders:
- Notify customers and schedulers of upcoming service appointments
- Does the vehicle need to be picked up or delivered?
- Notify customer when service is complete
As with all things mechanical, power sports equipment can fail to perform from time to time. Having the customer’s account information, along with the description and original purchase date of the vehicle in question (including any service history), will allow you to quickly process the warranty information.
Once logged, you’ll be able to track the status of the warranty and keep the client informed.
If you’re also into the power sports rental game, check out our post: 4 Tps for Choosing the Best POS System for a Rental Company.
Customer service is a huge part of any outdoor power sports business. A point of sales system such as Windward System Five will help you stay on top of your operations and allows for an improved customer experience. Call or email us to learn how we can make your business more efficient.