Companies that are already using business management software already know just how useful it can be for streamlining your day-to-day operations. For those that don’t know about it, or have yet to take the leap, read on to learn what you’re missing out on.
1. Optimize Your Sales
Profits are what drive your business. That literally is the bottom line. Integrated business management software can help you realize efficiencies you would be unable to achieve using other methods:
- Monitor and control inventory levels in your business to offer a better selection of merchandise and reduce out-of-stock situations.
- Produce mailing lists based on customer purchase history to better target your merchandising efforts.
- Use promotional sales to increase traffic flow and offer SPIFs (sales performance incentive fund) to your employees to eliminate slow-moving items.
- Offer layaways and special orders, and use deposits to ensure the customer remains committed to the sale.
- Equip your staff with customizable point-of-sale screens that enable them to instantly check product prices, availability and location.
2. Improve Customer Service
Customer relationship management (CRM) is directly connected to optimizing sales. After all, a happy customer is typically a repeat customer. There a numerous ways a business management system can help you offer an enhanced client experience:
- Avoid a crisis by monitoring promised delivery dates for special order merchandise.
- Use an online inquiry to check if an out-of-stock item is available at one of your other locations.
- Capture specific customer information such as phone number and date of birth in order to offer a more personalized service.
- Manage RMA's (Return Merchandise Authorization) easily and efficiently
- Retain detailed customer history that will help you in your marketing efforts.
- Speed throughput and eliminate errors at point of sale with UPC barcode scanning and online price lookup.
To learn more of the benefits of barcoding, read our post: Barcodes: An Essential Small Business Inventory Feature.
3. Manage Your Business
Whether it’s your inventory, accounting or point of sale, truly effective business management software allows you to control everything you do. Here are a few examples:
- Set minimum and maximum stock levels to keep inventory at optimum levels.
- Balance inventory levels by transferring merchandise from locations that are overstocked.
- Combine it with industry-specific software modules to provide enhanced functionality for your business. For instance, a hardware store software module could be added to your system to address the particular needs of that industry.
4. Analyze Your Business
With real-time and historical reports at your fingertips, business management software allows you to instantly see how your business is performing and compare it to previous periods. Other useful features include:
- View real-time reports for accumulation of sales, material, labor and overhead costs.
- Purchasing performance can be measured between standard and current costs.
- Analyze your operation at any given time, in a matter of minutes.
- Pull employee sales information to increase performance by making adjustments where they’re needed.
- Comprehensive inventory reporting capabilities.
Are you looking for business management software that will allow you to control every aspect of your company? Windward System Five is a fully integrated software system designed to do exactly that. Call us to discuss your business needs.