Today, many businesses sell products that arrive by container ships, particularly in the furniture, hearth, home, and lighting industries.
However, the challenge is that overseas products may arrive in pieces, on different ships, or even in different months. Then, they need to be received and redirected for special orders, multiple purchase orders, or multi-locations.
As such, warehouse managers and shipper-receivers are spending a lot of time and energy having to edit multiple PO’s to receive stock.
The sheer volume of merchandise coming in can be very confusing, especially when it comes to central purchasing for multiple locations.
And, of course, there are the inherent human errors that happen when you can’t automate a business process.
Windward’s recent major upgrade of our signature System Five software, Version 6.2.2, contains a groundbreaking new feature, designed specifically for our customers who receive stock in containers from overseas:
The Shipping Management Interface.
Now Windward users can:
▪ Efficiently receive merchandise across multiple Purchase Orders in a SINGLE transaction, and see them all on one screen;
▪ Receive portions of PO’s or special orders as they arrive, and easily amalgamate them onto one, accurate order over time;
▪ Support multi-locations with centralized purchasing;
▪ Cue special orders originating from different locations as department transfers back to the original location;
▪ Easily fulfill special orders- generate then notify Purchasing to send it off;
▪ Receive in the entire shipment, while in the background, System Five edits each PO being received against.
At Windward Software, system improvements, updates and major upgrades are a critical part of how we serve our customers.
To ask us how the right business management software can help you run your business more efficiently, please call the Windward Business Development Team at +1 (800) 663-5750 or click here to book an appointment.
If you are already a Windward customer, please call your Account Manager FIRST to obtain this upgrade, as there are a few key system changes that need to be in place prior to accessing Version 6.2.2.
Then, our Support Team will be happy to take you the rest of the way.
If your business relies on ships coming in, then our new Shipping Management Interface will have you singing the theme to the “Love Boat.”
Please call us today to learn how you too can "Come Aboard." We’re expecting you!