We’re looking for an experienced leader to join our Penticton Development Team!
You will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of our Development department, providing hands-on technical leadership for a ream of software developers. Your passion for building and managing exceptional developers is second-to-none, and you strive to establish a fun working environment, while ensuring the work is done on-time and within budget.
As Development Manager, you understand coding excellence and will work to continuously improve procedures and processes, thus increasing efficiency and guaranteeing quality results. You are an outstanding communicator and effective at sharing “big picture” ideas as they relate to day-to-day operations.
This role will demand a thorough understanding of the importance that customers bring to the software development cycle and will consistently apply a client-centric perspective in all facets. In addition, you’re very comfortable conversing directly with clients (internal and external) throughout the development process, ensuring the company overcomes obstacles and build solutions that delight customers. You are adept at communicating with customers directly and enjoy traveling to customer sites, when necessary, to establish clear communication.
• Defines departmental plans and objectives, based on corporate direction and related strategies.
• Leads and manages software development and the daily activities of the Development department.
• Contributes department plans and objectives to the overall corporate plan.
• Contributes departmental inputs and expertise, as required by the Executive Team.
• Collaborates closely with Windward’s Technology R&D Team to ensure current and relevant technologies and techniques are applied in product development.
• Ensures all solutions apply Domain Driven Design.
• Quickly detects errors using Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment skills.
• Collaborates with the Chief Product Officer to ensure all solutions exceed customer expectations.
• Closely oversees, evaluates and approves all project plans.
• Experience filing for the Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program (SRED).
• Responsible for recruiting, managing, evaluating and coaching Development Team personnel.
• Ensures all projects are on-time and on-budget.
• Communicates directly with customers, as required.
• Ensures key performance indicators are recorded, monitored, and communicated.
• Holds daily status huddles.
• Fosters and encourages open, honest, timely and effective communication within the team.
• Responsible for contingency and disaster recovery plans for systems and data.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent discipline or industry experience.
• Proven experience in leading the development of large-scale software products and large software development teams.
• Experience developing ERP and/or Business Management Software and solutions.
• 10+ years as a software development professional.
• 3+ years management level leadership experience.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Experience speaking and presenting to small and large groups.
• Recruiting and coaching expertise.
• Confident and strongly driven.
• Active agent for change and ongoing improvement.
• Own valid passport and driver’s license.
• ASP.NET Core, Web API, MVC
• Entity Framework .NET, .NET Core
• C#, NUnit, XUnit
• Visual Studio Team Services
• Microsoft Azure
• Pervasive SQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
• GIT Version Control
• XSL, XML, JSON
• Delphi XE2, XE10
Send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget a cover letter! While we appreciate all interest, only those selected for further review will be contacted.
No credit card required.