We’re looking for an experienced leader to join our Penticton Development Team!
You will be responsible for the operational management of our Software Engineering department, providing hands-on technical leadership for a team of software developers. Your passion for building and managing an exceptional development team is second-to-none, and you strive to establish a fun working environment, while ensuring the work is completed on-time and within budget.
As Software Engineering Manager, you understand coding excellence and will work to continuously improve procedures and processes, thus increasing efficiency and guaranteeing quality results. You are an outstanding communicator and effective at sharing “big picture” ideas as they relate to day-to-day operations.
This role will demand a thorough understanding of the importance that our clients bring to the software development cycle and will consistently apply a client-centric perspective in all facets. In addition, you’re very comfortable conversing directly with clients (internal and external) throughout the development process, ensuring the company overcomes obstacles and build solutions that delight our clients. You are adept at communicating with clients directly and enjoy traveling to client sites, when necessary, to establish clear communication.
You will immerse yourself into the projects.Understanding both the high-level objectives and the details of execution.You will continue to stay current with hands-on development 20% of the time with the remaining helping and leading the team.
Although the functional activity of software engineering is your primary focus, you will support and encourage collaboration with the rest of the development department personnel by working closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Quality Assurance staff members.
• Defines departmental plans and objectives, based on corporate direction and related strategies.
• Contributes department plans and objectives to the overall corporate plan.
• Contributes departmental inputs and expertise, as required by the Executive Team.
• Collaborates closely with Windward’s Technology R&D Team to ensure current and relevant technologies and techniques are applied in product development.
• Understands and utilizes domain driven design.
• Quickly detects errors using Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment skills.
• Closely oversees, evaluates and approves all project plans.
• Responsible for recruiting, managing, evaluating, and coaching Engineering Department personnel.
• Ensure all projects are on-time and on-budget.
• Communicates directly with clients, as required.
• Ensures key performance indicators are recorded, monitored, and communicated.
• Foster and encourage open, honest, timely and effective communication within the team.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent discipline or industry experience.
• Proven experience in leading the development of large-scale software products and large software development teams.
• Experience developing ERP and/or Business Management Software and solutions.
• 10+ years as a software development professional.
• 3+ years management level leadership experience.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Experience speaking and presenting to small and large groups.
• Recruiting and coaching expertise.
• Confident and strongly driven.
• Active agent for change and ongoing improvement.
• Possess a valid passport and driver’s license.
• Microsoft Developer Certification
• ASP.NET Core, Web API, MVC
• Entity Framework .NET, .NET Core
• C#, NUnit / XUnit
• Visual Studio Team Services
• Microsoft Azure
• SQL Server
• GIT Version Control
• XSL, XML, JSON
• Delphi XE2, XE10
A few highlights of what we offer:
• A comprehensive benefits package.
• Lakes, beaches, wineries, all in our backyard! Take your lunch break at beautiful Skaha Beach – literally just a block away.
• We have a huge staff lounge area with gym equipment, pool table and showers onsite.
• Tickets for events at the South Okanagan Events Centre (SOEC).
• Activities such as golf tournaments, holiday festivities, etc.
If the idea of living and working in the beautiful Okanagan valley appeals to you and you re interested in joining a long-standing, growing software company,we’d love to hear from you!
Please note, candidates must have unrestricted ability to work in Canada.
Send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget a cover letter! While we appreciate all interest, only those selected for further review will be contacted. Thank you.
No credit card required.