Operating an auto repair shop is a challenging business. Your customers don’t exactly relish the idea of coming to see you, especially if their vehicle has broken down in the middle of their summer vacation. Fortunately, customer relationship management software features a number of handy tools to keep clients happy and get them back behind the wheel quickly.
One of the key ingredients of auto repair software is its ability to manage your processes for vehicle maintenance and repairs. It also allows you to follow up after the service has been provided to let them know you value their business.
1. Prioritize Appointments
Mechanic shops have different ways of prioritizing their work schedules. If you’re using customer relationship management software (also known as CRM software) it won’t matter because it can handle almost any approach.
You can even use it to amend your workflow to squeeze in an urgent repair, such as a family that broke down on the way to a summer reunion. By reviewing scheduled appointments clearly displayed on your auto repair software, you’ll be able to:
- Determine which appointments are less urgent
- Reschedule based on new priorities
- Reallocate mechanic time
You can also set reminders to notify the customer with a text or phone call once the repair is complete.
2. Accurate Invoicing
If you issue generic invoices—ones that feature the grand total and little else—your customers will become leery. They expect a breakdown on the services you provide, including:
- Shop hours billed
- Detailed parts information and prices
- Taxes and additional fees (i.e. environmental levies for tires and batteries)
- Company contact information
With CRM software, you’ll be able to create professional invoices that:
- Contain all necessary information
- Are easy to read
- Promote your company brand
3. Friendly Service Reminders
One of the goals of customer loyalty management is to encourage repeat business. Just because a vehicle owner received stellar service the last time they visited, it doesn’t guarantee they’ll come back. That’s where customer relationship management software comes in.
The first step is creating a customer account and entering their information in your database. This includes:
- Customer name
- Contact info
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- License plate number
- Make, model and year of vehicle(s)
- Service and repair history
Once you have that, you’ll be able to create personalized emails to:
- Remind them when their vehicle is due for servicing
- Ask for reviews that you can share online and through social media
- Remind them of the services you offer
- Offer in-store promotions and incentives
- Make them feel like a valued customer
And when they do come back, all of that information will be at your fingertips so you can provide quick, efficient service.
If you’re looking for ways to keep your part inventory in check, read: 4 Ways Small Business Inventory Software Helps Auto Parts Desks.
you looking for ways to enhance customer satisfaction at your auto repair shop?
Call Windward Software to see why our customer
relationship management software is a valuable tool to have on your